Deep and powerful, the eaux-de-vie of this Hennessy X.O cognac are aged in young barrels and marked out by their power and energy, but also by their capacity to achieve a great roundness through time.
Our Tasting Committee has explored every facet of the blend and identified several emotions that were assimilated to an Odyssey through 7 chapters:
- Sweet Notes: The palate is warmly embraced by flavors of candied fruit.
- Rising Heat: The intriguing sensation of an intense, rising heat slowly reveals the complex taste of eaux-de-vie patiently aged in oak barrels.
- Spicy Edge: Perception of a strong spicy cognac note, tantalising the lips and palate with its distinct peppery flavor intertwined with a hint of chocolate.
- Flowing Flame: A wave of warmth grows, crests and then breaks. A robust presence, full and voluptuous, is felt.
- Chocolate Lull: There is the gradual discovery of something very familiar. It is the well-rounded flavor of a rich, dark chocolate.
- Wood Crunches: A striking sensation is suddenly felt – the vigorous ebb and flow of oak notes interlaced with vanilla.
- Infinite Echo: The evanescent oak notes leave a long, omnipresent finish in their wake. Seemingly endless, it echoes all of the subtleties of each taste and sensation that has preceded it.
Hennessy X.O Experience: 3 ways to enjoy it
- Hennessy X.O on Three Rocks: A tasting method that is both very contemporary and rooted in the Hennessy family tradition. Pour the cognac in a straight glass over three ice cubes of good size. The ice then melts gradually, releasing the candied fruit and spice aromas of Hennessy X.O. An ideal way to enjoy Hennessy X.O, as the Hennessy family has done for several generations, as an aperitif or after dinner.
- Hennessy X.O on a Rock: A surprising revelation of the many eaux-de-vie that make up X.O. Pour the cognac over a single large ice cube. Its cold underlines the character and aromas of the cognac and highlights the Hennessy know-how. A modern drink for the aperitif.
- Hennessy X.O Over Ice: A drink that can be enjoyed around brunch, during a cocktail or after dinner. Place several ice cubes in a large wine glass. Pour the X.O cognac, add a drop of cold water and stir. The ice quickly cools the cognac, revealing the balance of the blend and its subtle spicy and tonic notes.